Thursday, January 24, 2008

I Need My Space




When I was a kid I wanted to be an astronaut, but then my 4th grade teacher quickly dispelled me of that ridiculous illusion by pointing out the cruel realities of my bad eyesight and even worse grades.

Watching that video above has just reignited that childhood dream of one day going into space. Sure it's insanely expensive, but over time it'll become more affordable and much more common place. To put things into perspective, in 1903 the Wright brothers were the first to fly in a plane and by the 1950s airports and airplanes were totally ordinary.

So it may take fifty years to get there, but at least the notion doesn't seem so absurd anymore.

Take that, Mrs. Prem!

1 comment:

Yesenia said...

Wow, I’m speechless…I didn’t know that a spaceship like that one existed… After watching the video, it reminded me the days I used to watch during the late 80s (man, I’m getting old) the series of a science fiction program called, Battlestar Galactica. Cocuyo, if you win the lottery you can have the opportunity to go to space, don’t you think? Well, it looks like going to space is more realistic than winning the lottery.